Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lowe Brazil

Melissa Bedtime Stories
Before I looked up Melissa Bedtime Stories I tried to guess what this ad could be for, female shoes definitely did not come to mind. The shoes are probably the last thing I look at in this ad. While I guess you could make a far fetched argument that because the girls in these childhood stories of Rapunzel and Cinderella are looked up to and known by every girl, and the girls in these ads are confident and in control which aren't bad qualities to associate with female shoes there is no way you could come to that conclusion just by looking at that ad. Not to mention, putting the women and princess' of childhood stories in lingerie and having them control men is kind of distasteful but then again that's what most Halloween costumes look like today so I can't say I am shocked. Overall, I'm not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment