Saturday, March 13, 2010

Young & Rubicam

Converse
I like the message of this converse campaign but I have trouble thinking its a good ad because its an ad for clothing. When I think of Converse I think of individuality and being different and this ad furthers that idea. The tag line "learn to love people for what they are and not the clothes they wear" promotes individuality and acceptance. Although I like the idea behind it, that tag line contradicts itself because it's an ad for converse clothes. Not to mention, I find it strange that they're comparing their clothing to a clown and basically saying their clothing is ugly. This ad makes me laugh and maybe makes me think but it doesn't make me want to do the most important thing of all which is buy the clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment